Jan 20, 2022
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have COVID-19 symptoms, please contact our COVID Hotline at 614-586-7977 before arriving at our facilities.
CompDrug continues to serve patients in accordance with CDC, Federal and State Guidelines, putting the health and safety of our patients first. We require everyone who enters the building to wear a mask, including staff, patients, and all visitors. Opioid treatment programs (OTPs) are considered essential medical facilities and will remain open to provide addiction treatment services to our patients. Telehealth options are available for counseling services. It is very important to continue treatment and meet all counseling requirements.
In addition to our regular practices, all staff are adhering to CDC recommended guidelines and hygiene practices including:
- Requiring face coverings of all persons who enter the facility
- Regular handwashing for at least 20 seconds
- Practicing safe distance of 6 ft from other people inside and outside the building
- Frequent cleaning of surfaces throughout hours of operation
- Daily screening of employees and visitors
Protocol for Patients who test positive for COVID-19:
- Have documentation of a positive COVID-19 test. Test must be FDA approved; home test results are not accepted.
- Email test results to MedicalRecords@compdrug.org; please include your full name and date of birth.
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline 614-586-7977 and advise staff that you are COVID+.
- You will be setup for home or car delivery of your medication for the duration of your quarantine.
Protocol for Patients with COVID-19 symptoms:
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline 614-586-7977 and advise staff that you are experiencing COVID symptoms.
- Staff will advise you on a recommendation to seek further testing for your symptoms as well as how to complete your services with CompDrug in a way that maintains patient and staff safety.